Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the job holder will lead, manage, and coordinate the hospital Human Resources and Administration functions in the Hospital. Administration services include maintenance & other engineering sections, security, hospitality, projects management amongst other related functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all HR and Administrative Services strategy development and policy formulation and ensuring approved policies and procedures are implemented.
- Jointly with other members of the Hospital Management Committee, oversee the implementation of the Board policies and directives regarding HR and Administrative Services.
- Provide leadership to the direct reports, including appropriate support to their personal development.
- Responsible for provision of HR Services at the hospital and its institutions that include amongst others; HR Planning, recruitment and selection of the right staff, onboarding, managing industrial relations, performance management system, salary administration, career development & succession planning, staff engagement, staff welfare programs including staff housing, HR records, separation processes etc.
- Responsible for job grading, salary reviews and all reward & recognition initiatives within the Hospital and its institutions.
- Offer timely Human Resource solutions as required by the Hospital and its institutions.
- Responsible for ensuring that the administrative arm of the Hospital is running efficiently and effectively. Some of the key roles under this will include:
– Overseeing Customer Service, House Keeping, Maintenance department and provision of Engineering Services i.e. Biomedical services, Repair & Maintenance services, Mechanical & Electrical services, Plumbing and Sanitation, Power generation, Servicing of Hospital Equipment etc
– Oversee all Hospitality services in the Hospital, i.e. housekeeping and laundry, catering, managing visitors’ admission procedures amongst other processes.
– Ensuring compliance to all legal requirements e.g. NEMA and other legal entities that deal with the Hospital.
– Managing projects being run in the Hospital
– Responsible for provision of effective and efficient Security services across the Hospital and the entire Campus.
– Champion and facilitate change management programs as directed by the management and the Board.
– Working closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants where administration support is needed.
– Reviewing and ensuring compliance with all contracts entered by DVMG.
Education and Qualifications
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Human Resource, engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution. A post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management is mandatory.
- At least ten years’ experience as a Head of HR and Administration with at least 5 years overseeing HR, Engineering, Security, and general administrative functions at top management level.
- Must be a Practicing member of the Institute of Human Resource Management of good standing, preferably with a practicing certificate.
- Well versed with relevant legislations
Key Competencies and Skills
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of professional standards in relevant areas.
- Experience in supervising, coaching, and mentoring a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure