Botox – Wrinkles Removal in Kenya
What is botox? Is Wrinkles Removal In Kenya Possible?
Wrinkles Removal is a procedure undertaken by individuals who would like to maintain a youthful look, and remove signs of aging especially on the face. Botox, fully known as botulinum toxin, is used in dermatology and plastic surgery to treat signs of aging especially in the face. It reduces frown lines, forehead lines, laughter lines, bunny lines on the nose, marionette lines below the lips and wrinkles on the neck. It is a neurotoxin derived from some species of bacteria called Clostridium botulinum.
Who is a good candidate for Wrinkles Removal (Botox)?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the US has approved botox for cosmetic use for people aged between 18 and 65 years of age. However, not everyone can use it. You can’t use it if:
- you have an allergy to any ingredient in botox
- You have a skin infection in the area that is to be injected.
- You have muscle disease such as myasthenia gravis or any nerve disease.
- You are Asthmatic
- You have Bleeding disorders
- You have Difficulty in swallowing
- You have drooping eyelids
How does Wrinkles Removal work?
Wrinkling occurs as a result of contraction of the muscles beneath the skin. The wrinkles usually occur perpendicular to the muscles beneath. That is to say, if the muscle fibres run vertically, the wrinkles would be horizontal.
When botox is injected into the muscles, it blocks conduction of nerve impulses to those muscles. This reduces muscle activity producing the wrinkles and the end result is a nice smooth look.
If you have facial lines that exist when your face is totally relaxed, then botox is not good for you, instead you can use dermal fillers to get rid of the lines.
Once botox is injected into the muscle, the effect starts appearing after three to four days with a maximum effect between day 10 to day 14. This therefore means that the effect seen after two weeks should be considered the maximum effect that is going to occur.
How often do you need botox injections for wrinkles removal?
You may be wondering how long botox lasts. For most people, the effects last for about three to four months but this may increase or decrease depending on several factors such as:
- Age- as you age the muscle tone decreases and therefore the results diminish faster than in younger people.
- Whether you take good care of your skin using facials, microdermabrasion or any other resurfacing methods.
- The amount of sun your skin is exposed to.
- How frequent you use botox- some people obtain better results with repeated use while others develop resistance to the drug and don’t benefit from repeated use
What are the side effects of Botox for wrinkles removal?
Like many other drugs used to treat various other conditions, botox is not without side effects. It is important to discuss these side effects with your plastic surgeon before the injection. Some of the side effects include:
- Pain at the site of injection
- Bruising and bleeding
- Allergic symptoms such as a rash, red weal, itchiness, dizziness and faintness. Alert your doctor when you experience these signs.
- Droopy eye lids
To avoid the adverse effects of botox, it is important that you consult a plastic surgeon that has experience in the field. Discuss any condition you are being treated for or any drug or supplement you are using with your doctor. Avoid botox parties where botox is injected in someone’s house.
Can Wrinkles Removal be done in Kenya?
Yes, wrinkles removal services are available in Kenya at Davinci Medical Group who are experts in Plastic Surgery, Reconstructive Surgery and other specialized services.